Monday, June 19, 2006

Yep! I'm still here!







Things have been incredibly busy, once again! Added to that, on the occasions I've tried to log in and post, blogspot has been playing up! Never mind, I'm here now...

What with one thing and another, I've not had much time for crafting over the last couple of weeks, but I do have a few things to show you!

These are all pictures of cards I've made over the last few days - all for various challenges etc. I've also finished a spread in an altered book on the theme of Vintage Sewing, but you'll have to wait until next time for pictures as I haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. I don't normally do floral cards, not really my thing, but as we were assigned the theme of flowers and leaves for one of the challenges, I really didn't have a lot of choice! Actually, I really enjoyed making these, and am quite happy with the finished results.

I have also completed an order for hen night invitations using a beautiful black and white image of Audrey Hepburn, of whom, I assure you, I am the spitting image. (In my dreams, anyway!)As well as this, I've completed a further comission for jewellery - again the results were excellent and I've discovered a new way of combining cotton thong with beautiful handcrafted beads and craft wire - a very versatile combination and one which I've used very effectively just recently to create some very feminine pieces. I'll try and add a picture, but if it doesn't work, I'll do it next time!

It looks as though the next couple of weeks are going to be just as busy as my eldest daughter is moving into a flat of her own next week, so I have a feeling that I may well be helping her to get her stuff sorted before she moves! The joys of parenthood, eh?








i

No comments: