Wednesday, May 24, 2006


Finally, I found some time to upload pics of the 'Height' ATC's which I made for a recent swap. The very first thing I thought of when I read the word height, was a giraffe. I found this gorgeous image on the internet, he was just the right height to fit over 3 ATC's, and as I've been fancying doing something a little different with ATC's, this seemed ideal! I've simply layered him up on some gorgeous stripey paper I had, and added tiny metal eyelets to suggest the patterning on his body. The three cards are held together with a piece of gold ribbon, which also acts as a tie to hold the 3 cards together when they are folded.

The 'Height of Fashion' ATC was made using a combination of techniques, I had planned to do this as a digital ATC and to print it out onto acetate, but the ink failed to dry, so I printed out the image onto some card instead, the image was made up of a 1950's fashion model, the Dior logo and the text, 'The height of fashion', these were layered using a photo-manipulation programme, then simply printed out. I then added the coloured embellishments - I stamped and embossed some girly accessories - hat, shoes and bag, and coloured with sakura souffle pens, then added them to the edge of the card. Finally, I adhered a piece of ribbon to the bottom edge of the card.

The final card in this series is based upon a quote from boxer Jack Dempsey "All men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body!", I used a print of a front page from a vintage sports magazine, then added a photo of the boxer, along with the text. Finally, I added a tag with his name on.

I haven't done much in the way of art this week - it's been a pretty 'full-on' week, family wise, so I haven't really had the time or the head-space to be able to do anything very creative. I've got plenty of ideas though, and am hoping to get some time over the weekend to try some things out. I really want to have a play with fabrics - especially printing and stamping onto different fabrics, perhaps a bit of stitching as well.

The weather has been particularly foul this past week - it's barely stopped raining, so I've spent most of the week in the house, which is driving me scatty - as soon as the weather improves a bit, I'm off to the beach for a bit of outside therapy!

No comments: