Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Not a lot of art happening at the moment...

No photos today, I'm afraid! It's been a very busy, stressful, painful, emotional, traumatic sort of week. There have been seismic quakes in our family this past couple of weeks, and everything came to a head over the bank holiday - my advice to those of you out there with kids? Leave home before they hit their teens!!!!!


We're all still recovering from the aftershocks at the moment, but we're getting there.


On a lighter note (sort of!) our next door neighbours cat - who we have all thought for the last 2 years was a tom - has just had a litter of kittens! No, not some miracle, just a cat who managed to fool us all (including the vet, I might add)Unfortunately, of the 5 kittens she had, only 2 are still alive, and it doesn't seem as though she's able to feed them, so our poor neighbours are now drip feeding 2 day old kittens at very regular intervals. Shows the difference between us and the animals, doesn't it? The cat is quite happy to push the kittens away and let them die - perhaps there's something wrong with them, perhaps not - but us humans can't do it, or at least, not the ones I know!


Following all our traumas recently, I felt a nice simple day out with the little kids was in order. So, myself, my mother, my youngest daughter and our next door neighbours 2, went to a local beach. This is not a beach I've visited before, yet it is literally 2 minutes walk from my mums front door! Talk about not seeing what's under your nose! We picked up some chips and a drink on the way, then spent several happy hours on the beach, basking in glorious sunshine - ok, we had to wear jackets cos it was very windy, but the sun was fabulous. The kids had a great time - although they can't swim in the sea there, because of the currents, there was a massive tidal pool, which was lovely and warm. So, they spent their time between the water (next door neighbours little girl is a born-again mermaid! I think she would go swimming in a puddle if she thought she could get away with it!!!) and building sandcastles, burying each other in the sand and generally running around like mad things. Brilliant - definitely one of those rare days that remind you that sometimes the simple things are the best!

Enough from me for now, I' m away to my bed - all that fresh air has worn me out!

No comments: