Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A new departure!





Well, today I finally finished my first spread in my altered book, which is about to go off on its travels - it could be a year before it gets back to me - that's really what I call a long term project. For my first spread, I decided to have a go at some digital art - I've seen quite a lot of examples of this recently, firstly one of the members of an ATC group I belong to does a lot of digital ATC's - his work is fantastic, then I noticed that a lot of scrapbookers are also doing it digitally. So, being as I love using my computer, I thought I really should have a go myself. I have to say that it took a lot of blood, sweat and tears, especially tears, but I finally managed to get to grips with the basics of digital art. Trust me, it's not easy! My photo-manipulation program seems to have all the right bits, but what it doesn't have is any real help! It tells you that you can do certain things, but not actually how to do them!! But, after several false starts, I managed to produce something that I'm reasonably happy with. I'm afraid, though, that you're going to have to wait for a photo - I need to change the format before I can upload it to my blog, and I really don't have the headspace to be doing that just at the moment!

Also this evening, I've finished my leather ATC, I used lots of tiny beads and made an edging for the card, which is made using the sleeve from a leather jacket which belonged to the husband of one of our group members. (It was wrecked before she cut it up, honestly!!) I've then made a head and shoulders figure, inspired by an Erte painting, with lots of tiny, (and I do mean tiny) flat backed gems making up a very sparkly headdress. Again, I will put in some photos next time I update!

My craft room now looks as though it's been at the centre of a hurricane, but it'll have to stay that way for a while longer, because I don't have the headspace for being tidy either!!! What that means is, I'm feeling distinctly lazy and really don't fancy tidying up!Ah well! that's one of the joys of being the grown-up - no-one can make me do it if I don't want to...

No comments: