Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What a busy week!!




This has been a very hectic week - I've had orders coming left, right and centre! Not that I'm complaining, you understand!

First of all, I had an email from a gentelman in the USA asking for some chinese greetings cards, then I had an order for a jewellery kit and now another jewellery commission!

The blue card is a 'Congratulations' card, I have printed and coloured the phoenix image onto vellum and created a wrap, I then used gold metallic ink to draw the congratulations symbols. Inside the card, I've printed the symbols again, in different fonts. I have to admit to being very pleased with the way this card turned out. The other card, the paeony is a 'Sympathy' card. This is simply coloured then matted and layered onto a cream base card, I then added a mulberry paper tag with the sympathy symbol and some gorgeous purple fibres. I'm just waiting for the customers postal address and these will be winging their way to the states.

I've also taken the plunge this week and 'adopted' a newcomer to the UK Scrappers site - it's a vast site, absolutely full of useful information etc, but can be very daunting - there are thousands of members. When I first joined, I was adopted - this meant that I had someone to contact whenever I had a question or a problem. Knowing how much I appreciated the help that I was given (and still am, in fact) I thought it might be nice to give a little back. I have been fortunate enough to adopt a lovely lady called Natalie, and am looking forward to getting to know her better and to see her art as it develops. AS well as scrapbooking, it seems that she is very keen to try ATC's as well - so, watch this space!!

We've had some huge family news this week, nothing that I'm going to talk about here at the moment, but certainly enough to have caused a great deal of turmoil to a great many people!!!

I've decided that I'm going to start selling some jewellery kits and card-making kits in my ebay shop - it seems that people are looking on ebay for supplies rather than the completed items, in many cases, so I'm going to try to cater for that need.

I've finally finished my 'height' ATC's, just need to photograph them before I pop them in the post. I received my share of the swap cards from one of the groups at the end of last week - what an amazing collection of art works. There are so many different styles and so many different interpretations of the themes to which we were working - it truly is fascinating to see the range of techniques and thought processes which go into these miniature art works!

Anyway, enough rambling from me for now - I'll be back in the next day or two with some more piccies.

No comments: