Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The end of a good day!



Fortunately, my crafting is somewhat better than my photography!! These are several projects which I've finished over the last couple of days. the first is a wedding card for a friend who is getting married at the weekend.

The second started as a small, clear glass bottle which was sent to me as a challenge by a friend from one of my craft groups. I heat embossed the bottle using a verdigris powder, then added a green flat backed gem (which actually came from my eldest daughters latest pair of jeans - nothing goes to waste in this house!!) Finally, I added a selection of cord and handmade glass beads. I think the result is rather pretty - might even make a good home for a leprechaun!

The blue card is for a monthly challenge in yet another group - the idea is that each month, one member sends out a small pack of craft goodies to everyone who is participating - we then make a card using those components, the resulting cards are later auctioned for charity. This months cards are going to be sold to raise money for the Marie Curie appeal.


Finally, Christmas cards. Now, I don't do christmas, because I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but again this is a fundraising thing. On the 25th of each month, we have a challenge - along the same lines as detailed above. this month, we were provided with an a5 sheet of the red starry backing paper, an a5 sheet of the green 'toy' backing paper,a small piece of a very pretty patterned vellum - with trees and snowflakes, a small piece of dark green plain card, a piece of gold cord, 2 large and 3 small brads. For the first of the cards, I simply layered a piece of the vellum onto a piece of the red starry paper and put this behind the square aperture in a small mauve card. Finally, I added a snowflake brad and a happy christmas peel off in silver.

For the second card, I used a triangular, triple fold card. I tore thin strips of the red paper and glued it to the top layer of the card. In the white spaces, I added merry christmas peeloffs, then tiny green flat back gems on top of the red paper. This layer was finished with a large gold brad right at the top. For the second layer, I cut a triangular piece of the red paper, a little smaller than the card itself, then a smaller triangle of the vellum at the top of this triangle, and one in the bottom right corner. Again, I added tiny green flat-back gems to each of the points of the vellum triangles.

The final card was created by cutting an L-shaped piece of the green 'toys' paper, onto which I layered the piece of plain green card. I then cut and decoupaged some of the images from the paper. The green card was then edged with a gold merry christmas peel-off. As a finishing touch, I added a small metal snowman charm to the gold cord, which I then threaded through a hole punched in the top left hand corner of the card.

Again, these cards, along with the results of all the other months' challenges will be auctioned for charity later in the year.

No comments: