Monday, April 17, 2006

Today has been incredibly busy, but I'm not sure exactly what I've been doing!! I did visit the craft shop, and was really disappointed - it was VERY hard for me to find anything I actually wanted to buy!! Much of what was there was very ordinary and very overpriced. Thank goodness for the internet!

I've done a little preparation on two of the books I'm working on - this mainly involved getting my fingers in the mod-podge - I'm trying to seal a glittered page. Fortunately this is in my own book, so if it doesn't work out, it's not a disaster. I love working in other peoples' books, but I do find it a huge responsibility. I'm very aware that these books are very precious to the owners and would be devastated if anything I did spoilt one of them, consequently, I practice any new techniques elsewhere, and only include them if I'm absolutely sure that they will work!!

When I've finished here, I'm going to have a play with some plaster bandage - I'm working on a mermaid sitting on rocks in the middle of the ocean, and want to use the bandage to create some texture for the rocks. I also need to collect some sand from one of the local beaches to add to it.

No comments: