Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A much more productive day!


My new sizzix die arrived today, so finally I could complete the 10 tags I'd promised for a swap on one of my groups. The theme is 'Summer' and as each of the tags will be going to a different participant, they didn't all need to be different. In fact, they are all different, but each has a similar layout. I printed out some gorgeous yellow roses onto some card, then used the sizzix to cut out the tags. I then layered these with other, pastel coloured tags with different mottoes etc, 2 of the tags were made up with decoupage flowers. I then added peel-offs which had been put onto different coloured backing papers and cut out - these were added using small foam pads to give a bit of dimension. Finally, I added some gorgeous fluffy yarn with a tiny 'flip-flop' charm tied to it. I'm really quite pleased with the results, and hopefully so will the recipients be!




I have also practically completed a spread in one of the circle journals I'm working on. This is the Mermaids, Mermen and Merbabies one. I had decided that I wanted to work with the idea of 'aloneness', as this is something that always springs to my mind in connection with mermaids. No, that's not a grammatical error, I do mean aloneness, not loneliness! Mermaids always seem to me to be solitary beings, but not unhappy to be so. I found a poem which I felt expressed this and really worked from there. I have now assembled most of the elements, but I still feel there is something missing - so I'll show a photo when I'm happy with the finished result.

I have almost completed the sign-in page in my own book, now I just have to get my head round the first spread!!



I'm really pleased because I sold one of my jewellery sets today, through my ebay shop. It is so exciting that someone I have never met, and who is not a friend of a friend, etc, has liked my jewellery enough to buy it!



I managed to 'acquire' a storage unit yesterday, because as all you crafters out there will know, craft stuff has a habit of multiplying when you're not looking!! This new unit has given me loads more storage space, so now I need to get sorting and organising again...

No comments: