Sunday, April 16, 2006

This is the only tangible thing I have produced today, even though I've spent several hours at my desk! This card is for a friend in one of the groups to which I belong, and was made using a decoupaged image, mounted onto a striped background paper. I then added the word 'friend' using some glue and a dragonfly brad.

The rest of the time, I've been trying to sort out in my head what I'm going to do for 3 different layouts in altered books. Each book has a different theme, the problem being that I have so many ideas whizzing about in my head, but I can't decide which ones to use! I have managed to get as far as preparing the pages in one of the books, and have started the sign-in page in one of the others. I've also managed to find an image and a piece of poetry which will make an excellent starting point for the 'Mermaid' spread I'm doing - so, hopefully I'll actually get round to putting something together tomorrow.

I did think that perhaps I would do a digital layout in one of the books, but hard as I try, I just can't get a handle on layers in my photograpy package. Now, I know I'm not particularly stupid, but this package is making me feel that way! However many times I read the instructions and do what they say, it just isn't happening...

On a positive note, though, I had a sort through some of my stash and found some things I'd forgotten about!

I'm really excited at the moment, as my friend and next door neighbour has been doing a screen test with the BBC this week, with a view to possibly making 6 part documentary. She and her business partner run an archaeological tour company, and have recently been featured in the travel supplement of The Independent on Sunday. After I've finished writing, I'll add a link so you can check out their website.

I've added a couple of links today. One is to a blog written by a friend of mine, a terrific lady who, despite some terrible physical problems, is one of the most positive and inspiring people I know. Definitely worth a read. You really need to check out some of her parchment craft - it is unbelievably beautiful. A talented lady indeed!
The other link I've added is for my ebay store. If you decide to order as a result of reading this blog, mention it at the checkout stage, and I will give you a 10% disount.


1 comment:

Kari said...

Kazza, I love your blog and seeing your artwork laid out like this is a joy!

I shall remember to add you to my links when I can face fiddling with the template again (groan).

Kari x