Sunday, April 23, 2006

Todays ATC's



These two ATC's are ones I made today - the first, A visit to Grandma, is for a monthly raffle in one of our groups. This is a really sweet stamp that I've had for some time, but hadn't gotten around to using yet! I stamped the image using timber brown stazon onto a gorgeous, heavyweight ribbed vellum, I then painted the image using Marvy pens in Victorian colours. I mounted the stamps onto a piece of script paper and added 3 small buttons in the same shades of blue as are in the painting. The result, I think, is a simple and very evocative card which I hope will be enjoyed by whoever receives it.

The second card is called 'Daydreamer' and is a gift for Stacey, who has arranged the Link, Base, Devour and Girl swaps for which I've already posted the photos. This again is a stamp that I've had for some time, it was part of a 'grab bag' that I bought from a seller on ebay. I stamped using a combination of colours of chalk inks onto cream, leather textured card. I then painted, again using the Marvy pens in Victorian colours. The background is a jacquard fabric in a beautiful shade of blue, with navy satin ribbon top and bottom. I added a scrap of cotton lace, then used foam tape to adhere the image. I finished off with a red button in a shade similar to that used in the painting. You'll have to take my word for it, I'm afraid, that the finished product is much softer than it appears in the photo, and has quite a dreamy feel to it.

Nothing to do with my art now, but a bit of reflected glory! My next door neighbour, then one who has recently done a screen test for a documentary series with the BBC, has been contacted by a journalist from Time magazine, who wants to do an article on her and her business. It's brilliant to see the work that she and her business partner have put in over the last few years finally coming to something. It's great as well, because Maria (my neighbour) doesn't have much confidence in her abilities, and these last few weeks have been a huge boost to her confidence.

No comments: