Friday, April 21, 2006

Spring Collage ATC's




These ATC's are for a swap entitled 'Spring Collage'. 'Narcissus' was the first image that came to mind when I thought of spring. I love the contrast of the green and yellow, and the beautiful clarity of colour there is in a yellow narcissus. Living in Wales, we are surrounded at the moment by hosts of daffodils - they're everywhere - in gardens, in hedgerows, growing alongside the road, and even, in some cases, in the middle of the road! 'Patchwork' was also inspired by the springtime hedgerows where I live. At this time of year, there is masses of new growth, with lots of wildflowers and also lots of flowers that, prior to moving here, I had only seen growing in peoples gardens, eg honeysuckle, granny's bonnets etc. The hedgerows are a riot of colour at the moment, and, seen from a distance, resemble a patchwork. The final card in this series, 'Butterflies' was inspired by the butterfly that I found in my youngest daughters' bedroom a few days ago. It, along with the daffodils, helped to convince me that perhaps spring is finally here!

I had intended to put lots of photos in tonight, but for some reason, it's taking forever to upload so I'll leave the rest until tomorrow...

No comments: