Friday, September 15, 2006

Lots of ATC's

Various ATC's today - I felt the need yesterday to do something creative, so lots of ATC's! I used lots of different techniques for these - really just playing about and seeing what happened. The ribbon cards were possibly the most challenging - there are only so many things you can do with ribbon on a 2.5inx3.5in card! The first was simply strips of ribbon, with a ribbon flower and a strip of grosgrain ribbon around the bottom part of the card with a metal butterfly for emphasis. The second was ribbon weaving using various shades of pink ribbon, including some metallic paper ribbon. I then stitched a stem using various colours of glass seed beads, and topped this with a rose, again made from ribbon. The final one is a seaside scene using various colours and textures of ribbon, with seed beads, a flat backed gem and a starfish charm to finish it. I think, of the three, the woven one is probably my favourite - somehow, it just worked.

The ATC's in the Stamp set were great fun to make. I decided to make one using a postage stamp, one using a rubber stamped image and one using both postage stamps and rubber stamping. The background paper was made by adhering various different pieces of paper and card, as well as some sequin waste to a piece of thin white card. I then applied acrylic paint in 2 shades of red, and 1 of blue in a random way. Once this layer was dry, I added highlights with copper metallic acrylic paint. I then cut the paper into ATC's. The final result is lovely - lots of colour and texture! The postage stamp ATC is the one with the snake - I made a frame from an old slide mount, which I covered with some of the backing paper, I then added gold paint and copper acrylic, which I rubbed with some kitchen paper - this gave a lovely aged finish. I then finished the card with a strip of textured ribbon. The rubber stamped card is made by stamping an image onto tissue paper then adhering this to the background. Once the glue was dry, I added a layer of clear embossing ink and some clear embossing powder and heated to melt the powder - I built up 3 layers, randomly over the stamped image - this causes the image to become semi transparent - an effect I really like. The final card, the one using the combination of postage stamps and rubber stamping uses the theme - Queen. I built up a collage using postage stamps, all having an image of Queen Elizabeth. I then added a layer of mod podge to seal the stamps, and whilst this was still wet, I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder then heated to melt the powder. Once this was fully dry, I rubber stamped an image of a queen using stazon ink - this gave a subtle image, and lots of texture.

No comments: